Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Birdy Blitz

Yesterday I had no classes, but with the end of the summer holidays being this week I decided to be a good little bunnikins and go to school to do lesson preparation.

So 45mins of train ride later I'm standing outside a closed school. Hmm, who would have thought that I'd be the only person stoopid enough to be here?

Sitting down under a tree to eat my sandwiches that I'd brought to get me through the hard day of lesson preparation I was given a little surprise from above. A bird shit on me, and even worse, on my sandwich, too.

I took the train back to bed.

Today I finished Matthew Reilly’s Area 7. Take his previous book Ice Station, replace every occurrence of the words ‘snow’ and ‘ice’ with the word ‘sand’ and you’ve written Area 7. While reading his novels I haven’t learnt any new vocabulary, but I’ve learnt a lot about military equipment – both real and fantastic. I’m going to give him one more chance with Scarecrow.

But really (or reilly?), more power to him. Anyone who can make a living using their talents and doing what they love gets my kudos.

3 Comments:

At August 31, 2005 6:40 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

Maybe "scarecrow" will replace the words "sand" and "ice" with "fields of corn" and "birds".

 
At August 31, 2005 6:40 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 01, 2005 1:28 PM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

Hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home