Tuesday, July 05, 2005

And yet...

the more I thought about it, the more I was convinced that I'd already done this. For reasons that will be explained in a much longer post, I'd done a lot of extra work last week so that I would be free last weekend. I even had a dim memory of the finished article.

So I asked the person whom I thought I'd sent it to if they had indeed copied it and passed it onto the relevant people.

They hadn't, nor did they have the original file, nor did they have a printout of it. My only copy was on the computer at home. Not much good to me with less than 2 hours to go.

So I had to remake it from memory.

And here is the reason I'm wasting 2 bloggettes on a work-related tale.

As I started to remake it, I was reminded of some things that I had wanted to include but hadn't, and I thought of some better ways to lay it all out. All in all it worked out for the better, as I liked the new version much more.

So even when you've done all that was expected of you, and someone else lets you down, and even though it's a waste of your time, you may be a little more tired but a lot more satisfied with the result.

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2005 5:25 AM, Blogger Nato said...

yep, life can be like that - what happens when you're making other plans :-)

In case you hadn't noticed, I've put up 2 posts this week - including photos. An all time record that I'm not sure will be easily repeated.

Lydia's dedication is August 14 - should be a good day. Check u later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home