Friday, May 13, 2005

House of Way Less Than 1000 Corpses

When one pays an expert for advice, one should listen to him or her. Now if only I'd payed the Divine Ms. L for her freely given advice about the ork-tork named flickr [sic.] I could have saved myself the hours of frustration that I had had with that previous program I was using to post pictures to Winston's World. May it's accursed name never darken this blog again.

So these are some of the pictures I wanted to post from the days we spent in Shuzenji during Iron Pyriten Week. These are of Mari's folk's house. Mari's parents live in the countryside, nestled at the base of a small hill. Sorry about the quality of the pictures, but they were taken with the phone (5 years ago that would have made no sense), and I have no balance.

Balance come into it as I am standing on a tree stump in their back yard looking back at the house. The hill is behind me. As you can see they have a small garden. It even has some tea in it. They were picking the leaves when we were there, and so we were able to have fresh tea each night with dinner.



This is looking from the back door of the house, back up the hill to the tree stump I was standing on. If you had x-ray eyes and had been there, you'd know this to be true.



And this is back on the stump looking away from the house toward the hill. You can see the backyard feature that no home is complete without - graves! Yes, the house is built on an ancient Indian burial ground. Spooky hey, and also a fitting picture to post with today being Black Friday.



The Idiotic Thing I Did Today
I forgot to change trains. Realized my mistake about 5 stops after my stop. As I was reading LotR: The Return of the King, I think that this boo-boo is acceptable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home