Thursday, October 19, 2006

Let's Hunting, Motto

Last night Ted and I were to play our first game of squash. I was looking forward to this with trepidation. It's been about six years since I’ve played at all, and frankly winston ain’t the man he was (or even fooled himself into thinking he was).

Fortunately the day before, fearing my serve’s fury, Ted threw himself down some stairs and busted his knee. I was saved embarrassment.

We decided to spend the allotted squash time hunting monsters on the PSP.

This was the first time to play Monster Hunter Freedom in multiplayer mode, and it was frankly pretty cool. I’m sure this is the same enjoyment those of the World of Warcraft ilk get from mindless hack –n- slash with their friends and acquaintances. Even with just the two of us, both who had little idea of how to complete the missions (I didn’t help with some horrendously wrong advice about depositing treasure), I really, really had a great time.

Once again it was confirmed that my gaming skills are pretty lame. I’ve played quite a bit of single player MHF, and have equipped my character Sydney (appearance based on the red-headed Sydney Bristow of Alias) with weapons and armor beyond the starting gear. Yet there was Ted, clad only in hides and wielding a completely unmodified sword and shield, going toe-to-toe with the same critters as me.

At least it was only virtual lameness. The real pain begins when his knee heals.

3 Comments:

At October 19, 2006 10:02 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

knees can be very nasty business.

acupuncture was really, really helpful for our knee injury recently. the only thing that made a difference really.

 
At October 20, 2006 7:53 AM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

I had my first experience of acupunture last week.

After putting in the needles, the acupturist sent electricity through them. This gave a slightly strange sensation.

But not as strange as when he started to cackle maniacally...

 
At October 20, 2006 7:55 AM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

And yes, I can spell acupturist, I just chose not to.

And why does the word verification text for comments have to be so wobbly, green, and unreadable?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home