Thursday, September 22, 2005

Paranoid DVDroid

Was just at my locker getting out some stuff when a weird feeling came over me. What if this wasn't my locker? What if the person next to me has exactly the same stuff in their locker as I have in mine?

Then I paniced and thought, "What if they come back, and see me looking in their locker?"

The feeling seemed so real.

Maybe I should have checked the USE BY date on the juice I drank this morning.

Had a long weekend last weekend, and am going into another one this weekend.

I'd had a hankering to watch The Untouchables and The Rock again. Surprisingly Mari really liked The Rock, and said, "I want to watch another action movie just like that." Well what could I do but go out and rent Con Air.

But I was a little disappointed by the extras on the DVDs. Not a commentary track in hearing, which is unforgivable for these action classics. For The Untouchables there was only the original preview, and for The Rock and Con Air there was basically nothing. I say "basically" because they did include a gallary of posters of recommended movies. Their choices of recommendations compared to the DVDs they were on was a little hard to fathom.

Con Air (action) had The Rock (action), Ransom (drama), The Hunt for Red October (action), Metro (action) and... Pretty Woman (RomCom).

The Rock's recommendations were even weirder. Two children's flicks - Homeward Bound and something else of its ilk I can't recall. I can't really see fans of The Rock dipping into these selections.

Yet maybe I'm wrong. I guess if you're an action fan then you've already seen all the recommended action movies, so what you're looking for is some help to think outside the tube. Maybe Homeward Bound is the answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home