Monday, July 10, 2006

Let's Hunting

The money from the canceled U2 concert returned to me and was sitting restless in my pocket. It was money that had been earmarked for entertainment, and so it obviously couldn't return to savings – that'd throw the budget out. There was really only one thing to do.

I met up with Ted on Saturday and we ventured forth to Akihabara – the Mecca for all things electronic. I was hunting for a DVD-RW, an XP upgrade for my W2K, and if it were available Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06. A golf program, you ask? Yeah, I've been looking for a game that doesn't require me to think too much or too quickly. Something like The Sims 2 that you can just enjoy walking around the virtual world in. A golf game seemed perfect for that. After all what is golf but mostly walking around with the occasional stop for a slash?

But I came home with a sack stuffed full of even more goodies. It was like Xmas in July; unfortunately because I hadn't been good I had to fork over the cash rather than a jolly fat man presenting them to me. Actually Ted – a not so fat but certainly jolly after purchasing copious stuff himself man - did buy me Tiger Woods. Thanks mate! So that left me with a little more cash to blow on Micro Machines V4 and Monster Hunter Freedom X 2 (1 for me and 1 for Ted). With Star Wars, Micro Machines V4 and Monster Hunter Freedom owned by both of us we have so got to organize a WiFi weekend.

I feel I've shown restraint beyond human endurance in not spending all that remained of the weekend playing the PSP. And I've even turned up to work this morning (albeit so far all I've done is blogged on the company's time). But I've told myself that these new purchases can't be plugged in until summer vacation begins this Friday at precisely 15:25.

But whose counting?

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2006 7:15 AM, Blogger Dave said...

phooey. i've be enthused by the idea of micro machines on the psp, but my local cash-sucking-establishment doesnt have it yet.

feh

 
At July 11, 2006 7:30 AM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

I'll let you know how it goes after Friday.

The original Micro Machines was such a wickedly fun game. It showed that if game play was well done, you don't need super grafix to suck you in.
Actually I guess Tetris was like that, too. Or Lemmings. Ahh, Lemmings. You know you can get it for the PSP. Lemmings was plug-in-the-catheter addictive.

Did you ever play Rock'n Roll Racing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home