Monday, June 11, 2007

Beat Sex

Turns out I was to Internet play using the DS rather than the PSP.

Mari has no interest in the kinds of games I like to play. But she is crazy about Tetris. She plays it on her mobile phone every morning and night to kill time on the train. Often so much that her phone's battery is dead.

So the other day I picked her up a copy of Tetris for the DS. It was a bargain actually because it has download play, which means up to 10 people can play using the one game by downloading it onto their own DS via WiFi connection. The multi-player game is particularly nasty as when you destroy multiply rows those rows are sent to your opponent. They appear at the bottom of your screen as gray blocks. We played a few games together, and I could enjoy having my virtual ass whipped. I have no skill at Tetris.

But the game is also playable over the Internet. Yes, you can play against people from all over the world. After a few tries I was eventually holding my mouth the right way and got the DS talking to the Internet. Suddenly someone called "z"-something (no idea what the something was as it all happened too fast) from God-knows-where connected to my game and we were playing. Within thirty seconds "z"-something had filled my screen with gray blocks, realized that he or she was battling a complete dweeb, and broken off the game.

Somehow I thought my first time would be more memorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home