Thursday, November 17, 2005

Style is 100% of Personality Episode I: The Fashion Menace

You know, "Style IS 100% of Personality".Or so the student’s pencil case claimed, anyways. I love the weird wisdom one can read printed on everyday items here. And if this is the case, then at the moment I'm about a bucket load of Xanax short of personality.

For my solution to last year’s problem of wandering the winter streets in my pajamas, was solved on the weekend by the purchase of new pajamas. Thus last years pajamas don’t have to pull double duty, having being promoted solely to street wandering clothes. A simple and elegant solution, I’m sure you’ll agree.

And in my second triumph for the fashionably challenged, I’ve arrived at school in what appears to be a disheveled clown outfit. Living in a one-room apartment where one gets up at 6am and the other gets up at 7am, means I dress in the cold winter dark. And so I appear to have chosen not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 different colors to wear. The old and faded charcoal slacks are nicely set off by the new dark blue vest, which daringly accompanies the light pink shirt, which is shot in the black shoed foot by the brown tie. At least I didn’t mistakenly slip on my white trainers, like the other day.

But on removing my jacket at work I've discovered that my new dark blue vest (this is its debut) has decided to shed its dark blue hairs onto the sleeves of the pink shirt. Now I not only have the responsibility of dressing myself, but I have to referee the spats between my clothes. At least they’re just fighting amongst themselves, and not turning their wraith upon me.

4 Comments:

At November 17, 2005 12:53 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

I think the brown tie was the real villian here.

 
At November 17, 2005 1:09 PM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

Yes, Darth Sidius-like it lurked in the background, waiting for an impressionable young mind such as my own.

The Farce is strong in this one.

 
At November 17, 2005 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your clothes have a wraith? That's spooky.

 
At November 18, 2005 8:01 AM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

Damn that lousy wraith! I don't have a ghost of a chance against its typos. I sense the spectre of defeat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home