Monday, November 28, 2005

Style is 100% of Personality Episode III: Revenge of the Skith Wear

With titles like this, aren't you glad you keep coming back? There will be no New Hope, so you're safe on that account.



We're going skiing. Or rather Mari will be skiing, and I'll be learning to ski. But that's a minor detail I'm sure. After all, how difficult can it be?

So Xmas Eve will be spent on the freezing slopes of Hokkaido. Four blissfull days of falling down, getting up, sweat and pain, followed by nights spent in the hot spa relaxing aching muscles. I can't wait. It's so long since I've done anything remotely close to a sport. We've got 4 days planned for then & there, followed by some day trips of skiing over New Year's.

Yipeee!!!

3 Comments:

At November 29, 2005 7:40 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Excellent. You have the traditional "awkward learning-to-ski crouch" down cold. That's half the battle right there.

 
At November 29, 2005 7:49 AM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

Mari was surprised that I wanted to post that foto, as it so obviously shows I have no idea what I'm doing.

Yet I was visualizing myself rocketing down the mountain. And surely visualization is the other half of the battle?

Or maybe that was "surprise"?

 
At November 30, 2005 7:38 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Mari is correct. That particular pose will result inevitably in what we snow worshippers like to call a "faceplant", with attendant bruising, abrasions and possibly missing teeth.

Nevertheless, I feel I should warn that all of those things are integral to the wonderful experience of learning to ski. Repeatedly so.

As is concussion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home