Friday, November 10, 2006

24

Friday last week was a holiday, and so teachers had planned a little drinky poohs for Thursday nite. I was supposed to go hunting with Ted early Friday so I thought I'd just stay for a few and then go home.

But while I was at the party I received an e-mail from Ted canceling, so now there was no reason to get up early.

The first party became the second party.

Then the second party became karaoke. This was my first time to go to karaoke with no other non-Japanese. Thus the selection of songs for the night was predominately Japanese, with my chiming in with the occasional strangulation of U2. I’m getting pretty hyped about their concert in a few weeks.

3 am was the darkest hour as I struggled to stay awake, but fortunately the 2nd wind arrived.

4 am came and went and there was a little time to kill until the first train. So we decided to eat ramen for breakfast. Hmmmm, ramen.

5:30 and I collapsed into bed.

I’ve got no idea how Jack Bauer does what he does.

3 Comments:

At November 11, 2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Well, you'll notice he mostly doesn't fuck himself up with hard liquor and off-key screaming. And I expect you could stay awake if people shot at you fairly regularly.

 
At November 12, 2006 8:00 PM, Blogger Nato said...

...which they would do if they listened to your attempts to produce something vaguely melodic...
...but hey, karaoke's all about being committed to the song, right?

FYI, saw U2 last Friday night in Sydney with 85,000 at Telstra Stadium - fantastic night.

They've change the song list slightly from the 'first' Vertigo tour to included the 2 new songs that have been released ("Saints are Coming", the Hurricane Katrina fundraiser, and one other that's only come out this week whose name I haven't heard. Both are on U218 singles, the newest compilation).

Well worth the $125 to be seated over 150 metres from the stage and 50+ metres up in the 'stalls' (although I did baulk at $45 for a t-shirt, and settled for $35 for a program).

Mobile phones are now the new cigarette lighters...and don't forget to support make poverty history. :-)

 
At November 12, 2006 9:23 PM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

When I sing, not only I suffer for my Art, but everyone else does, too.

I've already made poverty history. Check out my bankbook to see an unrelenting history of poverty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home