Sunday, January 01, 2006

Unhappy New Year

I hope you've all had a good time getting to this point. I know I did.

So the New Year was mildly eventful for myself. On the evening of the 30th I started to feel not right in the stomach. Over the next two hours my stomach swelled up like a ballon until about midnight when I began to fountain at both ends. And that pretty much continued all night. It was the weirdest feeling. To be completely vacant and yet still being asked to give more. Yuch.

So the last day of the year was spent recuperating in bed, until late last nite when I was able to eat a small bowl of mushed rice. About the same time Mari said that she didn't feel so good, and within half an hour the process began anew with another victim. For the last two years we've seen the New Year in by visitng a shrine to listen to the bells ringing. Last nite we just lay in bed wishing they'd be quiet.

Anyway enough about our amusing illnesses. Happy New Year to you all.

4 Comments:

At January 02, 2006 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! ooh! i had that recently! it's like someone switched your stomach to the spin cycle... did you get the insanely fluctuating temperature thing with the hot & cold sweats & shivers too? that was a laff riot that was...

hope you & Mari are up & about again soon...

 
At January 02, 2006 9:58 PM, Blogger alixkid said...

Thanks for sharing.
Happy new year
Bring on 2006 it can only get better.

 
At January 03, 2006 10:15 PM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

Dear baddogbot,

Got everything but it becoming hot.

Cold, so cold it was.

 
At January 04, 2006 1:38 AM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Is it over yet, for Mari?

I hope so. It sounds horrible.

Happy New Year, anyway.

Best to you both.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home